A longer shaft will lead to more distance.
When installing new golf shafts, it is important to know how long the shafts need to be. Measuring the length of the old shafts will show how long the new ones need to be. If someone else is installing the shafts for you, knowing how long you want them will speed up the shaft replacement process.
Items you will need:
- Yard stick
- 12-inch ruler
- Duct tape
- Tape the ruler to the top of the yardstick to make it long enough to measure the length of all the clubs.
- Place the bottom of the club on the ground like the club is going to be used to hit a golf ball.
- Place the end of the ruler on the ground behind the club and let the club rest on top of the ruler.
- Read the length from the ruler at the top of the grip.
- Measure each club in the bag and keep a record for use with future shaft replacements.
Make sure to add the length from the ruler when measuring each shaft length.
What is custom club fitting?
Club fitting at Golfsmith is how we find the best clubs for your swing.
It isn’t about changing your swing—it’s about maximizing your swing’s potential, so you can shoot better scores. Our experts use their experience, and state-of-the-art technology, to put a club in your hands that will perform best for your swing. For more information, click the banner below.